Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tis the Season to be Jolly


Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. I normally celebrate it at home, but the day after I go to Vancouver where I see the rest of my family. Christmas has a great feeling to it, but that could always be the smell of the hot chocolate. I think some of the most important things about it are seeing everybody in my family because I never see them often. I went to Vancouver once last year, and that doesn't seem like enough. I also think that decorating the tree is really important. We always get the real ones that have like zero branches, and we put so many decorations on it that the branches look like they're about to snap. I really don't know why we do this, but it's been like that forever. The food at Christmas is always interesting. Since one side of my family is from the Czech Republic I always have to eat cod... which is disgusting if you ask me. I don't mind having a turkey dinner. That's really good, but the other food is a bit different. The last thing that's important to me is walking into the house and smelling gingerbread cookies and the tree. That's one of my favorite parts of Christmas, and I'm hoping it will never leave.

2 comments: