Thursday, April 15, 2010

our trip to the navy base .


Yesterday was our field trip was to the navy base in Esquimalt, over all i enjoyed it but at first it was pretty boring. I didnt like touring around the buildings and learning about the trades, all the walking hurt my feet a lot. But I really liked the tour of the ship, I was in a group with Derek, Jenna, Hayley and Quinn. We saw pretty much everything on the ship and it was pretty intresting. The tour guide was telling us about how no one ever gets to go on the ship and that we're one of the only groups that have. At one point we went in the VERY bottom of the boat, after all of us got out Derek was the last to get out so our tour guide locked him in for a couple seconds and he was freaking out. I got to sit in the captains chair, and go into all the bed rooms and go down all the stairs and into all the storage rooms and everything. While we were at the navy base we had lunch in their cafeteria that was huge, we got food and then continued the day. It was educational but still pretty intresting, I still don't think I'd ever want to be in the navy though. But over all I think it was worth going there for and I wouldn't mind going there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment