Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CANUCKS! WOOT WOOT!


Everyone loves the Canucks right? Well I have loved them since I was a small child. Always making big "GO CANUCKS" banners when watching the games and painting my face even though I was in my own living room. Why would we go to a Canucks game? What would be the point?

My first reason is that it would teach us to be enthusiastic and participate in a great event. As I am in Leadership, our job is to help get kids in the school to be enthusiastic in the events we come up with. Sometimes we succeed and sometimes we don't. Getting the class to participate in a amazing event like a Canucks game would somewhat show how many people get into face painting, getting signatures, jerseys and cheering on the Canucks!One way to look at it, is could call it a contest, who ever cheers the most and does more to join in, is sure enthusiastic!

Second reason is that since we don't have hockey in our PE class, this would be a great oppurtunity for our PE teacher to show us the good o'l hockey game! I know we have field hockey here at ROMS but what about ice hockey? They may seem like the same thing but they aren't at all. They are both very different!!! Why? one of the major differences between field hockey and ice hockey is the size and shape of the stick used. In field hockey, the sizes of the stick range in length from 26 to 38 inches, depending on the height of the player. In ice hockey, the lengths of the sticks are based on a measurement taken from a player's nose to the ground.


My third reason,

Kesler and Luongo are pretty frickin awesome :D

2 comments: