Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HIV/Aids in Africa


I think we should definitely pay more money to try and cure aids. It's an extreme disease that I, and many others, wish to be cured. It's ruined so many children's lives in Africa and others that are living here! Aids can kill you, so why don't we have a cure yet? I think that we all, as people, should donate more money. I would be willing to do a bottle drive, sell something, or even just earn money to donate. This is a horrible disease and I really do feel bad for anybody who either has it or has a friend or family member who has it.
I think we should spend more money on this because it's really sad and something I think most people find really disturbing. Just in Sub-Saharan there are an estimated 22.4 million people living with aids. That's about two thirds of the whole globe of people that are living with it. Just to make you realize how bad it is, since this pandemic has started, more then 14 million children have lost one or both of their parents to aids. If nothing changes, the number of deaths will only rise to higher numbers. If we donate now, we may be able to help. We can help with education and money and maybe even get a cure one day.














4 comments:

  1. I'm a changed man Nicole. brought a tear to my eye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Braeden. It's such a dramatic experience. (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! my pet rock was diagnosed three years ago.... he didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sympathy goes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete