Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Triple Threat




I have already wrote a blog post on dance, but I just got back on Sunday from an amazing two-day dance convention called Triple Threat. I haven't stopped talking about it or doing the choreography from it since I went, and many people have told me to stop talking about it; apparently it's getting on their nerves.
There is only one thing that you do at Triple Threat. You dance all day, doing all styles of dance- hip hop, street jazz, contemporary,ballroom and tap. Non-stop. From eight in the morning until four-thirty in the afternoon, you learn various choreography from a number of professional dancers. One of my favourite choreographers was Devin Jamieson. Now, what is cool about this particular dance instructor is that he was going to be one of Michael Jackson's back up dancers for his tour, This Is It. He knew all of the choreography, and I was lucky enough to learn some of it. The moves he taught us are quite complex, so it took a lot of rehearsing to figure them out. Another famous choreographer is Stacey Tookey. She has been known to create emotional contemporary choreography, and has been featured on So You Think You Can Dance and So You Think You Can Dance Cananda.
If you ever get the opportunity to attend this convention, DO IT. Although the moves are challenging and the hours tough, it is one of the best experiences I have ever had.

2 comments: